Interested in a job at PWI?
Below are our current open positions
If you are interested in applying, please send your cover letter, resume, and a completed application (download HERE) to email@example.com. Be sure to browse our website to learn more about the people we serve and impact we make in the San Diego community.
Vocational Assessment Services Specialist (San Diego/Mission Valley)
- Assist clients in the development of problem solving, assertiveness and decision making skills that will assist with successful employment in the community.
- Assist clients in the development of their resume and cover letter with writing skills as well as an employment application
- Teach age appropriate job related skills & behavioral with an emphasis on social and interpersonal skills
- Assist clients with their search for employment by teaching basic job searching skills with the use of on-line applying websites that provide job leads
- Assist in the enhancement of personal health including physical, mental and hygiene
- Responsible for record keeping, database management and vital documentation
- Ensure that the vocational assessment and direct placement are in compliance and meet the requirements of the Department of Rehabilitation, the San Diego Regional Center and CARF.
- Bachelors degree in social work, psychology or related field is preferred
- Job development experience preferred
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Must be independent, self directed with a collaborative teamwork style
Employment Training Specialist (Job Coach)
Partnerships With Industry is hiring for various positions (see locations and shifts below). You will work with adults with developmental and/or other disabilities, teaching them new job skills, encouraging them while they develop professional skills and behavior that will help them build the confidence and experience they need to pursue their goals and aspirations.
Some positions require traveling to a variety of employment sites and a flexible schedule, with the possibility of working some evenings and/or weekends. We do provide mileage reimbursement at current IRS rates.
Requirements: Experience in this field is a plus, but not required; Must be at least 18 years of age and authorized to work in the U.S.High School Diploma or GED required, degree in progress preferred.Ability to work independently.Basic computer skills and Good oral and written communication skills are a must.Will need to have a current valid California driver’s license, a clean driving record, and reliable transportation.Applicants will need to successfully pass a background check, a drug test, and physical exam. PWI will cover the cost of these requirements for qualified candidates.
San Diego office
- Part time position with primary hours on weekends and evenings. Candidates must be flexible to schedule changes. This position is at various sites in the community working with Group Sites & Individual Placement clients.
- Part time position with open shifts Thursday through Sunday. This position is at various sites in the community working with Group Sites and Individual Placement clients.
South Bay office
- Part time position from 7:00 am to 11:00 am, Monday through Friday. This position is in the Coronado area…Please note that this position is working outdoors.